Title: How to Enable Let's Encrypt SSL Certificates in DirectAdmin
Introduction: Let's Encrypt is a free, automated, and open Certificate Authority that provides SSL certificates for websites. Enabling an SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt on your website in DirectAdmin is an easy process. This article will guide you through the steps to enable Let's Encrypt SSL certificates for your domain.
1. Log in to your DirectAdmin account.
2. Navigate to the "Advanced Features" section and click on "SSL Certificates."
3. On the SSL Certificates page, select the option "Free & automatic certificate from Let's Encrypt."
4. In the "Domain" section, ensure that your domain name is selected. You can also include any subdomains or aliases by checking the corresponding boxes.
5. Before proceeding, ensure that your domain is pointing to the server's IP address, and your DNS records are properly configured. Let's Encrypt uses domain validation to verify your domain ownership before issuing a certificate.
6. Click on the "Save" button to request and install the Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for your domain. The process may take a few moments.
7. Once the certificate is installed, you will receive a confirmation message. The certificate will automatically renew every 90 days, ensuring continuous SSL protection for your website.
Conclusion: Enabling a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate in DirectAdmin is a straightforward process that provides free and secure SSL protection for your website. By following these steps, you can enable Let's Encrypt SSL certificates for your domain and improve the security and trustworthiness of your website.