Title: Managing Domain Aliases in DirectAdmin
Introduction: Domain aliases, also known as parked domains, allow you to point multiple domain names to the same website. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of managing domain aliases in DirectAdmin.
1. Log in to DirectAdmin: Access your DirectAdmin control panel by entering your login credentials. If you're unsure about your login details, check the welcome email from your hosting provider.
2. Navigate to Domain Management: Once you're logged in, locate the "Domain Management" section in the main menu and click on "Domain Pointers."
3. Add a new domain alias: Click on the "Add New" button to create a new domain alias. Enter the domain name you want to point to your existing website, select the "Create as an Alias" option, and click "Add."
4. Verify the domain alias: After adding the domain alias, you'll need to ensure that the domain name's DNS settings are pointing to the correct IP address. This can be done by updating the domain's nameservers or A records to match those of your primary domain. Check with your domain registrar for specific instructions.
5. Test the domain alias: Once the DNS settings have propagated, visit the domain alias in your web browser to ensure that it redirects to your primary website correctly.
6. Managing existing domain aliases: To view, edit, or delete existing domain aliases, go back to the "Domain Pointers" section in DirectAdmin. You can click on the pencil icon to edit a domain alias, or the trash can icon to delete it.
Conclusion: Managing domain aliases in DirectAdmin is a simple process that can help you easily manage multiple domain names for a single website. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create and manage domain aliases to meet your needs.