How to Create an Autoresponder in cPanel
Autoresponders are incredibly useful tools that automatically send pre-defined messages to anyone who emails a specific address. These can be invaluable for various scenarios—whether you're out of the office, need to acknowledge receipt of an email, or wish to provide instant answers to commonly asked questions. Below is a step-by-step guide to setting up an autoresponder using cPanel.
- An active cPanel account
- A registered domain and email address associated with it
Steps to Create an Autoresponder
Step 1: Access cPanel
Log into your cPanel account via the cPanel URL or through your hosting dashboard.
Step 2: Locate the 'Email' Section
Once logged in, scroll down to find the "Email" section. Click on the "Autoresponders" icon.
Step 3: Add New Autoresponder
On the Autoresponders page, click on the "Add Autoresponder" button to begin the setup process.
Step 4: Configure Character Set (Optional)
Choose the appropriate character set from the drop-down menu if you intend to use special characters in your email. This is usually set to "utf-8" by default.
Step 5: Input Email Details
- Email Address: In the "Email" field, type in the prefix of the email address for which you wish to set up an autoresponder.
- Domain: Use the drop-down menu next to the "@" symbol to select the domain associated with the email address.
Step 6: Configure Sender Information
In the "From" field, specify the name that you want the autoresponder emails to come from.
Step 7: Draft the Subject
In the "Subject" field, enter the subject line that you want the autoresponder to use. If left blank, it will echo the subject line of the incoming email.
Step 8: Choose Email Format
If you want your autoresponder email to contain HTML elements, check the box next to "HTML Message."
Step 9: Write the Body
In the "Body" section, draft the content for the autoresponse email. Be clear and concise, focusing on the message's objective.
Step 10: Save Settings
After entering all necessary details, click the "Create/Modify" button.
- Autoresponders are activated instantly upon creation.
- To disable an autoresponder, you will have to delete it. Once deleted, the settings cannot be recovered.
Need More Help?