An outline of the most important topics and features you need to know about. You can then explore each topic in more detail on the DirectAdmin website or through their official documentation.
Introduction a. What is DirectAdmin?
- DirectAdmin is a web hosting control panel that allows users to manage various aspects of their hosting account, such as domains, email accounts, databases, and file management.
b. Benefits of using DirectAdmin
- User-friendly interface
- Speed and performance
- Extensive feature set
- Compatibility with various operating systems and hosting environments
- Active community and support
c. Accessing your DirectAdmin control panel
- To access your DirectAdmin control panel, navigate to the provided URL (usually https://yourdomain.com:2222 or https://yourserverip:2222) and enter your username and password.
Account Management a. Changing your password
- To change your password, click on "Change Password" under "Your Account" in the control panel. Enter your current password and a new password, then click "Save."
b. Updating your contact information
- Click on "Contact Information" under "Your Account." Update your email address, and optionally, your secondary email and mobile phone number. Click "Save" to update your information.
c. Managing email notifications
- Under "Email Notifications" in the "Your Account" section, you can choose which notifications you want to receive, such as new account creations, backup notifications, and more.
File Management a. File Manager overview
- The File Manager allows you to manage files and folders on your hosting account. You can create, delete, upload, and download files, as well as edit file permissions and manage archives.
b. Uploading and downloading files
- To upload a file, click the "Upload" button in the File Manager. To download a file, select the file and click the "Download" button.
c. Creating and managing folders
- Click the "New Folder" button to create a new folder. To manage an existing folder, click on the folder name and perform the desired actions, such as renaming or deleting the folder.
d. Editing files
- To edit a file, click on the file name and choose "Edit" from the available options. Make your changes and click "Save" to update the file.
e. File permissions
- To change file permissions, select the file, click the "Permissions" button, and adjust the settings as needed. Click "Save" to apply your changes.
Domain Management a. Adding and removing domains
- Under the "Domain Setup" section, click "Add Domain" to create a new domain. Fill in the required information and click "Create." To remove a domain, click "Delete" next to the domain name in the domain list.
b. Domain aliases
- Domain aliases allow you to point multiple domain names to the same content. To create a domain alias, click "Domain Pointers" under "Domain Setup" and enter the domain you want to alias. Click "Add" to create the alias.
c. Managing DNS records
- To manage DNS records, click "DNS Management" under "Domain Setup." Add, modify, or delete DNS records as needed, and click "Save" to apply your changes.
d. SSL certificates
- Under "SSL Certificates" in the "Domain Setup" section, you can generate and manage SSL certificates for your domains.
Email Management a. Creating and managing email accounts
- To create an email account, click "Email Accounts" under "E-Mail Manager." Enter the desired email address and password, then click "Create." To manage existing email accounts, click the "Actions" button next to an account for options like changing the password or deleting the account.
b. Forwarders and autoresponders
- Forwarders allow you to redirect emails from one address to another. Click "Forwarders" under "E-Mail Manager" and enter the source and destination email addresses. Autoresponders send automated responses to incoming emails. Click "Autoresponders" under "E-Mail Manager" and configure the desired settings.
c. Email filters and spam control
- Click "Email Filters" under "E-Mail Manager" to create filters for incoming mail based on specific criteria. To manage spam settings, click "SpamAssassin Setup" under "E-Mail Manager" and configure the desired options.
d. Accessing webmail
- To access webmail, visit https://yourdomain.com:2222/roundcube or https://yourdomain.com:2222/webmail and log in with your email address and password.
Database Management a. Creating and managing MySQL databases
- Click "MySQL Management" under "Your Account" to create and manage databases. Enter a database name and click "Create" to add a new database. To delete a database, click "Delete" next to the database name.
b. MySQL user management
- Under "MySQL Management," you can create and manage MySQL users. Enter a username and password, then click "Create" to add a new user. To delete a user, click "Delete" next to the username.
c. Accessing phpMyAdmin
- Click "phpMyAdmin" under "Your Account" to access the phpMyAdmin interface, where you can manage your databases, tables, and records.
d. Importing and exporting databases
- In phpMyAdmin, select a database and click "Import" or "Export" to import or export the database, respectively.
FTP Management a. Creating and managing FTP accounts
- Click "FTP Management" under "Your Account" to create and manage FTP accounts. Enter a username and password, then click "Create" to add a new FTP account. To delete an account, click "Delete" next to the account name.
b. FTP session control
- Under "FTP Management," click "FTP Session Control" to view and manage active FTP sessions.
Statistics and Logs a. Web traffic statistics
- Click "Webalizer Stats" or "AWStats" under "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" to view detailed web traffic statistics for your domains.
b. Error and access logs
- Click "Domain Error Logs" or "Domain Access Logs" under "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" to view error and access logs for your domains.
c. Raw log files
- Click "Raw Log Files" under "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" to download raw log files for further analysis.
Advanced Features a. Custom error pages
- To create custom error pages, click "Custom Error Pages" under "Advanced Features." Select the desired error code and edit the HTML content for the error page. Click "Save" to apply your changes.
b. Cron jobs
- Click "Cron Jobs" under "Advanced Features" to schedule tasks that run automatically at specific intervals. Enter the desired command, timing, and other settings, then click "Add" to create a new cron job. To edit or delete existing cron jobs, click "Edit" or "Delete" next to the job.
c. MIME types and Apache handlers
- To manage MIME types, click "MIME Types" under "Advanced Features" and add, modify, or delete MIME types as needed. To manage Apache handlers, click "Apache Handlers" under "Advanced Features" and add, modify, or delete handlers as needed.
Softaculous Auto-Installer a. Installing and managing applications
- Click "Softaculous Auto-Installer" under "Advanced Features" to access the Softaculous interface, where you can install and manage web applications like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. Browse available applications, click "Install" to add an application, and follow the on-screen instructions.
b. Scripts library and updates - Softaculous offers a library of scripts and applications that you can install on your website. The library is regularly updated with new scripts and updates for existing applications. You can view the available applications and their updates within the Softaculous interface.
- Support and Resources a. Accessing DirectAdmin documentation
- The official DirectAdmin documentation is available at https://docs.directadmin.com/ This comprehensive resource covers various aspects of using the DirectAdmin control panel, from basic to advanced topics.
b. Community forums - The DirectAdmin community forums (https://forum.directadmin.com/) are a valuable resource for discussing issues, sharing tips, and finding solutions to problems related to DirectAdmin.
c. Submitting a support ticket - If you need assistance with your DirectAdmin control panel, you can submit a support ticket through the Domain India client area (https://www.domainindia.com/login/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1https://www.directadmin.com/clients/)
This concludes the expanded overview of the DirectAdmin End User Guide topics. For more detailed information and guidance, consult the official DirectAdmin documentation, community forums, and support resources.
The website provides step-by-step instructions with clear screenshots, making it easy for users to follow along and understand the processes. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced user, evo.site-helper.com can help you get more out of your DirectAdmin control panel and make website management more efficient and effective.
- Support and Resources a. Accessing DirectAdmin documentation