For the security reasons, we recently enabled FTP over SSL/TLS on our servers. Plain text authentication will no longer work on servers. For the users we would suggest to use FTP client like FileZilla, CuteFTP to upload their web contents. Below mentioned are the instructions to upload files/folders using FileZilla FTP client:
Go to Site Manager (File, Site Manager)
Type the host (complete server name. i.e.: server.domainindia.net
port is 22
Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
Encryption: REQUIRE EXPLICIT FTP OVER TLS
FTP - Uploading the website
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. we would suggest to use FTP client like FileZilla, CuteFTP to upload their web contents. Below mentioned are the instructions to upload files/folders using FileZilla FTP client:
You can Download Filezilla Here
Go to File Menu -> Site Manager
On the Site Manager window, click the New Site button.
Enter your domain name in the "Host" field.
Leave the PORT area blank.
Under the Protocol drop-down menu, select "Require explicit FTP over TLS"
Select the "Logon Type" as Normal and enter your FTP username and password.
Dialog box with Unknown Certificate
- Once you click on connect button, it will ask for the certificate trust. Mark the checkbox"Always trust Certificate in future sessions"
- Click on OK button.
If you are still not able to connect using the provided steps, then feel free to contact us
Following are the required details to fill up:
- Host: Enter Hostname(i.e. ftp.yourdomain.com) or IP address which we have sent in Welcome e-mail. (or you may simply put your domain name)
- Port: 21 (Default FTP port is 21, (you can also keep it blank).
- Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol.(make sure that FTP is selected)
- Encryption: Select Required explicit FTP over TLS from dropdown list.
- Logon Type: Select Normal from the dropdown list.
- User: Your FTP username.
- Password: Your FTP Password.
- Click on Connect button, if you wish to temporary connect otherwise click on OK button to save the details.
General FTP information
The best way to upload your web site is via FTP. This can be done in a number of different ways using many different FTP clients. Every client needs 4 things:
- Domain name or IP Address, which will be used in the "FTP address" field.
- Username, will be the same as cPanel or the FTP account created.
- Password, will be the password you set up to go with the cPanel or FTP username.
- Port, is usually port 21.